Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the CanUCan Products, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the CanUCan Products, we use them for the following purposes:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business’s website, purchased its products or used its apps and to recommend products and services based on that activity. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the CanUCan Products, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the CanUCan Products.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when you’ve seen or interacted with CanUCan Products’ content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on third-party sites that integrate our social plugins. If you are a page administrator, cookies allow you to switch between posting from your personal FB account and the page.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly CanUCan Products load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the CanUCan Service, analyze which parts of the CanUCan Products people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
- The CanUCan Product
- Products provided by other members of the CanUCan Companies; and
If you have a CanUCan Account:
- You can use your ad preferences to learn why you’re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information we collect to show you ads.
- To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off CanUCan company Products, including websites and apps. You can control whether we use this data to show you ads in your ad settings.
- The CanUCan Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites off the CanUCan Company Products. One of the ways Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from CanUCan and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings. Please note ad blockers and tools that restrict our cookie use may interfere with these controls.
More information about online advertising:
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device 's help material. Certain parts of the CanUCan Products may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.